I love sleep more than anything but it’s quality, not quantity that I’m after. If like me, you’re longing for a great night’s shut-eye, my nightly sleep ritual is the best thing on the internet today.
*Raise your hand if you have to scroll the entire World Wide Web, every social media platform (including Myspace) and play 666 games of Candy Crush before you fall asleep* Blue light is my weakness and it wasn’t until I turned bedtime into a ritual that my sleep quality improved and that I wake up in the mornings feeling well-rested and rejuvenated.
- I start my sleep ritual with a candlelit bath and a cup of Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salt Soak. Dr Teal’s Epsom SaltSoaking Solution Soothe & Sleep with Lavender soothes muscles, relieves sore feet, relaxes the body, reduces stress, refreshes skin and improves sleep. Once I add it to my bath and smell the lavender, my body knows it’s time to start winding down and relaxing for the night.
2. Good Linen is the most important aid to a good night’s rest. I’m a huge fan of Frette Linen but I acknowledge that for someone new to my cult that can seem like an unjustified expense. A substitution that is just as good is Pottery Barn or percale linen. There is nothing better than stretching out in crisp white sheets after a pre-bed bath. www.frette.com
3. A good sleep spray is a must! I alternate between one I have from Africology (a South African brand that I love) and L’Occutane’s Lavender pillow spray. A few sprays on my pillow lets me know it’s time to turn off the lights and catch major Z’s.
4. Air conditioner set to 72 degrees Fahrenheit or 22 degrees Celsius.
5. A humidifier is super important. It moistens the air and allows you to wake up in the morning without that groggy headache that you sometimes get from sleeping with a closed window. Happened all the time in South Africa where I didn’t sleep with the window open or in New York where the noise is too loud.
6. I know that this might sound a little kooky to most, but I don’t sleep without my sound machine. It was the best investment from Amazon and it really works! It blocks out city sounds, licking pets and noisy neighbours.
7. A Slip Sleep Mask – my favourite at the moment is the collaboration they did with Coveteur (seen in display picture). https://shop.coveteur.com/products/coveteur-x-slip-sleep-mask