How to get rid of a pre-date pimple
It’s happened to all of us before. The day before our big date, Mount Vesuvius erupts on our chin. Dry your tears, soldier, and follow our orders!
Every regular Tinder user knows that the worst thing to happen before a big date is waking up to a gargantuan mountain on your face (that no amount of concealer or foundation could ever hide). If you’re lucky, it pops up a few days before and clears up before D-day but what do you do if it’s the night before, or worse, the morning of?!
A few days before
- Use a gentle exfoliator such as Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Green Tea. It will brighten and sooth your skin as well as making it super soft.
- Go makeup free for as long as you can.
- Use a clay mask to draw out any impurities. One of the most popular is Aztec Secret Cleansing Mask. This is also really good for your whole body and hair if you want a little extra pick-me-up.
- Use skin calming products. Benton Aloe Propolis Gelis a light weight and effective choice.
- Sheet masks are a MUST! I would suggest using them in your daily routine, but if you don’t, do it for the week.
- Clinique’s Fresh Pressed 7-day Systemis a must in your week of preparation.
- Use a light moisturizer.
- Drink TONS of water.
So, what do you do if it appears the day before?
- DON’T POP IT!
- It may seem simple, but ice takes the swelling down nicely. Wrap it in a clean cloth and apply where needed.
- COSRX Pimple Patchesare an absolute lifesaver. Apply the night before and let the patch suck out the contents.
- AC Cleanupis perfect to apply earlier in the day as well as later on. I use the night version in the day if I am staying home. Only apply it on the individual spots. Kate Somerville EradiKateis another option.
- A spot treatment like Murad Blemish Spot Treatmentcan save the day.
The day of
- If you have a free day… slap a patch on it.
- When you need to rush to work, apply a spot treatment after applying ice.
- As an absolute last resort for a particularly important date, you could get a steroid injection directly to the area from your dermatologist, which is how celebs always have flawless skin when they step onto the red carpet.
It is also not a bad idea to have a few pick-me-ups on top of damage control. After going through the effort to have perfect skin, you might as well do a little extra for your lips and brighten your skin. Don’t forget to exfoliate your lips and apply a night mask the night before to give your face that extra glow.
To follow our beauty Editor, Alia Jenkins, check her out on instagram @happyfatti